- Check Fluid Levels
- Use the Boost (coach batteries) to help crank.
Engine batteries are charged by the alternator and the optional Eco charge line so Shoreline provides a trickle charge. Otherwise Shoreline does not charge the engine batteries.
3. Transmission in Neutral and Park Brake On, Turn key on.
Some coaches have a “wait to start” dash red light, wait until it goes out.
4. Start – do not depress the accelerator.
Do not run starter for more than 30 seconds. If it does not start, wait 2 minutes before trying again.
Voltmeter on dash should register more than before it cranked, indicates that charging is taking place. It may read as high as 14 volts.
5. Allow engine to warm up. Reduce engine speed to 800 – 1000 rpm. If no oil pressure in 15 seconds, shut down.
Can put in “N” and use cruise buttons to run rpm to around 1200.
6. Check transmission oil level after it warms up (should be in 160 – 220 deg range after driving).
a. Shift through all drive ranges to fill clutches and oil passages.
b. Park level, shift to neutral, apply parking brake, idle two minutes
c. Check via very clean dip stick or electronic monitoring as
- Simultaneously press the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on the shifter. Info counts down, displays in two minutes.
- Error Codes: OL – 50/59 rpm is too low/high to test
- OL – 70/79 temp is too low/high to test
- Oil level information will display
- Ol-OK means level if correct.
- LO-01 means one quart low
- HI-01 means one quart high etc.
- Before stopping the engine, operate at low load for 3 – 5 minutes, then at low idle for 30 seconds in Neutral. Set Park Brake and turn Off.